MEDIA NEWS, ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS
- Is A2A Staying on Track? Alaska to Alberta railway considers refinancing to steam ahead. By Vanessa Orr, Alaska Business Magazine, July 31, 2021.
The US-Russia Bering Strait Rail Tunnel Project.
By Matthew Ehret-Kump, Global Research, Covert Geopolitics, July 6, 2021.
- 'Boondoggle': Financial Woes May Jeopardize Proposed Alaska-Canada Railroad Project. By Tim Ellis, KUAC - Fairbanks, July 14, 2021.
'Give me a break': Bridging Finance, Sean McCoshen sued over Alberta-Alaska rail plan.
By David George-Cosh, BNN Bloomberg, Jul 5, 2021.
Alaska Railway Championed by Trump Hits Debt Wall, May Be Sold.
By Paula Sambo, Bloomberg, June 24, 2021.
- Bridging Finance's missing man: Who is Sean McCoshen, the dealmaker tied up in the private lender's fall? Over the years, he's made millions brokering loans for First Nations communities, bought luxury properties all over the world and left a trail of controversy behind him. And now he seems to have disappeared. By Joe Castaldo, Greg Mcarthur, Wendy Stueck, Tim Kiladze, The Globe and Mail Inc., June 19, 2021.
Alaska-Alberta railroad dream looks more and more like Great Train Wreck.
By Dermot Cole, Reporting from Alaska, June 18, 2021.
An underwater railway line from the USA to China: a dream project?
By RailFreight.com, June 18, 2021.
Bering Strait Tunnel and Inter-Continental Railway Proposed as Steps Toward Peace.
By Dr. William Selig, Universal Peace Federation (UPF) International, June 17, 2021.
- Will the Arctic Become a Frontier of War or a Domain for Cooperation? What Must be Discussed at a US-Russia Summit. By Matthew Ehret and Edward Lozansky, Antiwar, May 20, 2021.
- The Alaska-to-Alberta Railway. The Year We Walk through the Door to the World Land-Bridge, or the Lost Chance of 2020? By Robert Hux and Marcia Merry Baker, Executive Intelligence Review, October 30, 2020.
Bering Strait tunnel: pipe dream or game-changer for US-Russia-China ties?
Now that a US-Canada rail line has been approved, there are fresh hopes that a link can finally be built across the icy 85km strait. By Ed Peters, South China Morning Post, October 4, 2020.
- Presidential Permit by Donald J. Trump issued on: September 28, 2020 AUTHORIZING THE ALASKA TO ALBERTA RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION TO CONSTRUCT, CONNECT, OPERATE, AND MAINTAIN RAILWAY FACILITIES AT THE INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA.
- IN MEMORIAM. Hal B.H. Cooper, Jr., 1940-2019: The Practical Visionary. Hal Bluford Harrison Cooper, Jr., PhD, P.E., passed away on October 25, 2019. From the proposal for a tunnel under the Bering Strait, to his advocacy of such grand projects as NAWAPA and the Transaqua Project in Africa, Hal created a vast library of reports and feasibility studies outlining great programs for humanity's future. . By Marcia Merry Baker and David Christie, EIR, December 13, 2019.
- Commentary: Is the Alaska Railroad on track to the "Lower 48?" By Darren Prokop, Professor of Logistics in the College of Business and Public Policy at the University of Alaska Anchorage. Published by Freight Waves, November 9, 2019.
Alaska Railroad signs initial deal for link to Canada and Lower 48. The Alaska Railroad Corp. board of directors has approved an agreement with A2A Rail (Alaska-to-Alberta Railroad Development Corp), seeking to link Alaska and Canada by rail.
Author: James Brooks, Anchorage Daily News, June 27, 2019.
- Update on Alberta to Alaska Railway Project. Mead Treadwell, former Alaskan Lt. Governor, presents A2A Railroad project to connect Alaska Railroad to Canada and Lower 48. Transcript of Briefing. Location: World Trade Center, Anchorage, Alaska, April 17, 2019.
- Governor asks Trump for permit needed to connect Alaska railroad to Canada, Lower 48. Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy is asking President Donald Trump to grant a presidential permit to extend the Alaska Railroad into Canada, supporting a Canadian company seeking to blaze a new path for Asian-bound products. Author: Alex DeMarban, Anchorage Daily News, April 1, 2019.
- "BIG TICKET". Is Alberta to Alaska Railway Port Mac's Sugar Savior? The Alberta to Alaska railway may become a reality in 2022 if Sean McCoshen of A2A Railway has his way. Published by Dennis Anderson, Anchorage Press, January 3, 2019.
- Transforming Alaska's next 60 years: The intercontinental railway. By George Koumal, Joseph Henri, Scott Spencer. Anchorage Daily News, January 24, 2019.
Trump says U.S.-Russia relations worse now than during Cold War - he may be right.
By Katie Dangerfield, Global News, April 18, 2018.
- Denver, Center of the Cosmopolitan Railway. By Carl Abbott, CityLab, April 3, 2018.
- U.S., Russian representatives jointly make Bering Strait navigation initiative at Arctic Council meeting. By Xinhua, March 24, 2018.
Rival oil-by-rail plan has Fort Nelson FN support. Two rival groups are promoting the same Alberta to Alaska oil-by-rail proposal.
By Nelson Bennett, Business in Vancouver. December 8, 2017.
China Says Trump Open to Cooperating on Silk Road Projects.
By Bloomberg, June 25, 2017.
- Frank Murkowski, Former U.S. Senator and Alaska Governor, speaks on the topic Canada-Alaska Rail Link Opportunity and about What Would It Take To Link AK & Canada By Rail. By Annie Zak, Anchorage Dispatch News. April 2, 2017.
Special Coverage: Linking up with the Alaska Railroad.
By Chris Dupin, American Shipper, March 27, 2017.
Siberia in the 21st Century: Problems and Prospects of Development.
Presented at the International Congress "Siberian Platform: time for new solutions" and the Krasnoyarsk Economic Forum, 19-22 April 2017.
By Fyodor Soloview, President InterBering, LLC. January 22, 2017.
After Silk Road, World Land Bridge? "Siberia can be connected with Alaska, if an undersea tunnel is built across the Bering Strait".
Interview with Helga Zepp-LaRouche, the co-founder of The Schiller Institute (TSI). By Atul Aneja, The Hindu International, September 22, 2016.
Concept Study on the Electric Power Supply of the Bering Strait Tunnel.
By Thomas Scholler, Project Manager with the Energy Department of Swiss Rail (SBB AG). April 12, 2016.
- The Bering Strait: Choke Point of the Future? By Louis P. Bergeron, SLD. November 19, 2015.
- Book Excerpt: Donald Trump's 'Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again'. The latest book from Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. By ABC News. November 3, 2015.
China Bullet train to Come to American Southwest.
By Irwin Dawid, Planetizen. Sept. 20, 2015.
A Superhighway Across the Bering Strait.
By Adrian Shirk, The Atlantic, July 1, 2015.
- Moving Canadian products to China - by railway. By Gerald Pilger, CountryGuide. April 17, 2015.
Plans for superhighway linking Britain and America.
By Oliver Smith, The Telegraph, Travel. March 25, 2015.
System analysis of transportation alternatives for support the mining operations of the Russian Arctic shelf.
By Dyomina O.A., Kibalov Ye.B., Khutoretskii A.B. Novosibirsk, Russia, 2014. (PDF)
China Focus: Full speed ahead for high speed rail expansion.
By English Nes, Xinhua, China. January 15, 2015.
On The Fast Track. The California High-Speed Rail Authority wants to finish a line from San-Francisko to Los Angeles by 2029.
By Christofer James Palafox, American Builders Quarterly. October 1, 2014.
China High-Speed Rail: Girdling the Globe With a Tramway of Iron.
By William Jones, EIR. May 23, 2014.
What would it take for China to build a train to the U.S.?
By Dana Liebelson, The Week. May 19, 2014.
China Eyes Up Constructing Railway Under the Bering Strait.
By Tom Arnstein, The Beijinger. May 10, 2014.
China 'considering' building high-speed rail line from Beijing to the United States.
By South China Morning Post. May 9, 2014.
Chinese experts 'in discussions' over building high-speed Beijing-US railway.
By Jonathan Kaiman, The Guardian. May 8, 2014.
The Pasific Development Corridor: Maglev Across the Bering Strait.
By Benjamin Deniston, EIR. September 13, 2013.
- Russian Far East railway project may extend to Hokkaido. By Daisuke Nishimura, Asahi Shimbun. June 4, 2013.
- Modern Railway Project Could Serve the Northern Peoples as well as Solve Canada's Oil Export Problems. By Alf Nunweiler. December 15, 2012.
- A Railway From Canada To Alaska: Ready To Be Built In Six Years. By Fyodor Soloview. October 25, 2012.
Connecting America And Russia By Railway Tunnel.
Translation of a news story broadcast by Ukrainian television channel INTER on September 23, 2012. Correspondent Maksym Drabok.
Canadian government overhauling environmental rules to aid oil extraction.
By Juliet Eilperin, The Washington Post. June 3, 2012.
- High-Speed Rail Link between Moscow & St. Petersburg Could Cost Budget $35 Bln. Russian Railways | The Moscow Times. May 18, 2012.
- Join Russia and USA by Rail Tunnels under the Bering Strait? By James Brooke, Voice of America. April 28, 2012.
- Bering Strait Tunnel talks heat up again. Bering Strait Map. Two videos. Our Ukraine Russia. April 16, 2012.
- Russian Railways chief Vladimir Yakunin believes tunnel can be built under Bering Strait. By KyivPost | Interfax-Ukraine, April 9, 2012.
- Bering Strait tunnel project gets promotional website. By Alaska Dispatch. March 29, 2012.
- Riding High-Speed Rail to a U.S. Recovery. By John Rosenthal. December 19, 2011.
- Revitalizing the real estate market and the economy might help with funding construction the railroad to Alaska. By Fyodor Soloview, October 26, 2011.
- Bering Strait Tunnel Would Link Russia and Alaska. By BMcPhersonn, ALL VOICES, September 16, 2011.
- Digging to America. By Oleg Nikishenkov. The Moscow News, September 5, 2011.
- Robbins Double Shield Breaks Through at Russian Rail Tunnel. OJSC Bamtonnelstroy, a division of SK Most Company has completed a 4.5 km long section of tunnel in Sochi, Russia. March 2011.
Transport tunnel through the Bering Strait to link continents. Video.
Samir Shakhbaz interviewing Alexander Bgatov and Aslambek Aslakhanov. 2011.
- G20 Seoul Summit 2010. November 11-12, 2010, Seoul, South Korea.
- Bering Strait Great Project on the Agenda This Year. August 2010.
- Russian Far East Regions Plan for Railroad to the Bering Strait January 2010.
- Alaska needs big, bold ideas now. "Where are the Alaskans today bold enough to champion big projects?" Comment by Wally Hickel. Anchorage Daily News, May 4, 2009.
- A Vision of Strategic Plan for High-Speed Rail in America. Excerpt from remarks by the 44th President of USA Barack Obama. The White House, April 16, 2009.
- Putin Proposes Tunnel from Russia to Alaska. March 2008.
- Russian-American Team: World Needs Bering Strait Tunnel. By Rachel Douglas, EIR, April 24, 2007.
- Other articles - in Russian language.
New High-Speed Train from China to US?
Mega Engineering - The Rail Divide - For Russian American Railways Across the Bering StraitBy Discovery.
By Ed Peters, South China Morning Post, Oct. 4, 2020.